Saturday, October 16, 2010

Trusted my body to adjust?

Yesterday was one of those days where everything seemed to go wrong. From cutting myself shaving to spilling my water bottle all over my bed to falling down the stairs, I was basically on the verge of tears when I got home.

Well, last night I slept SO hard. One of my best friends will take these amazingly long naps after really hard tests or really hard weeks where she's gotten very little sleep. I remember reading a C.S. Lewis quote once that said, "You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." I'm slowly starting to realize that our bodies are these amazing little machines that are completely separate from our minds. Basically, if our bodies do something - it's because it needed to.

So what if, today - I trusted my body to adjust to the changes that I'm trying to make to the way that I'm treating it? I wrote a couple of days ago that I decided to do Pilates to remind myself how strong my body can be. We'll I've kept up with this over the past couple of days. Not a ton - but I've tried to do at least one of my 10-minute workouts each morning and one or two at night. I was SO sore the next day. And the next day. And sure I was sore this morning, but a little bit less. Because my body is adjusting. My body knows how to deal with change. It will acknowledge them and adjust accordingly. My head might have a harder time. But we can work on that.

P.S. Did it.

1 comment: